Singa (SINGAPORE MATH GLOBAL TEAM COMPETITION) Registration – Singapore
Dear Student from Singapore,
It is a great pleasure to invite you to join the Singa (Singapore Math Global Team Challenge) 2018 to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from November 16 to 20, 2018.
Singa is Singapore math global team competition with 3 members in each team. It is a unique new math competition with ambitious and important goals. The focus in Singa is very strongly on teamwork, and the Gold-winning groups will have to show high levels of collaboration, stamina and mutual support – as well as superlative math skills. Questions in the competition will be based on Singapore schools’ math questions which have a high content of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS). Named after the lion in the name of Singapore itself, Singa will also be brave, tough and noble: a thrilling team challenge that equips children everywhere for 21st Century learning. For more details about Singa, download the brochure below.
Download Singa Brochure (Click the link)
Singa is open to all students from Grade 2 to 11. There are 5 categories in Singa:
- Junior – Grade 1&2
- Middle – Grade 3&4
- Intermediate – Grade 5&6
- Advanced – Grade 7&8
- Expert – Grade 9&10&11.
Three members of a team can be from the mixed grades. For example, one Grade 3 and two Grade 4 students can form a team and participate in Middle category. Teams can take part in Singa from anywhere in the world – nominated by schools or formed by groups of friends.
Team registration: Students can register as a team of 3 members.
Individual Registration: Students can register individually. All individually registered students will sit for an assessment test in their respective category. The assessment test is 1 hour long and conducted 3 times a week (students can choose any of the slots).
- Wednesdays: 5 pm to 6 pm
- Fridays: 5 pm to 6 pm
- Saturdays: 3 pm to 4 pm
Afterwards, SIMCC will form a team of 3 students with a similar performance from the assessment test. Teams will be formed by October 12.
Registration Deadline: Registration is based on the first-come-first-served basis and the number of participants from Singapore is limited to 48 students.
Singa will be held from 16 to 20 November, 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Students, parents and teachers will stay in a 5-star hotel from 16 to 20 November. The more detailed itinerary can be found in the Singa Brochure above.
Contest Date: 17 November
Prize-Giving Ceremony Date: 19 November
Student – $600 sgd (contest fee, travel package* and Gala Lunch)
Accompanying person – $470 sgd (Travel Package and Gala Lunch)
*The detailed travel package can be found in the Singa Brochure above. The travel package does NOT include transportation to KL, insurance, lunch and dinner.
All Singa participants from Singapore must join the compulsory workshop. The workshop is Free of Charge.
- Junior Category (Primary 1 and 2): 10 am to 1 pm on October 20 (Saturday)
- Middle Category (Primary 3 and 4): 10 am to 1 pm on October 21 (Sunday)
- Intermediate Category (Primary 5 and 6): 2 pm to 5 pm on October 20 (Saturday)
- Advanced and Expert Category: 2 pm to 5 pm on October 21 (Sunday)
To register a team of 3 students, please email us at email@example.com
- This form is only for students who study in Singapore.
- The number of participants from Singapore is limited to 48 students. The registration is based on the first-come-first-serve basis.
- Please note that you will be paying $50 Deposit first by Credit/Debit card to confirm the attendance. The balance must be paid on the assessment test date you selected below.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that the submitted information is correct.
- An email will be sent to you once the registration is successfully completed.
- There will be no refunds as SIMCC has reserved a spot for the student.
No Fields Found.